A Message for Translators
We hope the CMM’s mobilization resources will benefit many peoples in their quest to know and be involved in God’s global purposes. Our primary aim is to make our resources available to anyone who will use them, and we want to do it in a way that honors everyone involved in the work. The CMM resources of Xplore, Go Mobilize, Coaching Conversations, NVision, Goer Groups, and “5 Keys for Personal Support Raising” are available digitally free of charge. We want to work with mobilizers in other languages and cultural contexts to adapt these resources for your audience.
If you would like to translate and distribute any of these resources, we want to work with you to produce digital and printable versions with no royalties or payments to us. We have translation templates available in Microsoft Word to simplify the translation process. The English version in the United States is the only version to which we maintain exclusive rights — both to produce and sell in printed format and to offer online for free digital download. Profits from those sales help fund our free versions and the production of other mobilization resources.
Conditions for Translation and Usage Outside of the United States
1) Inform us of your intent to translate this work.
- This prevents multiple parties working to translate a resource within the same language.
- We are committed to making the translation process as easy as possible and the most beneficial for all parties involved. Please contact us at email@example.com.
2) Working Together.
- We have translation templates that make it easier for you to translate.
- Our creative design team will place your translated text into our design with images and graphics.
- If you feel you need images and design to be contextualized, we will work out an arrangement to do it together.
- If at some point you have original and editable files, return them to the CMM.
- We will always give proper credit to translators for their work.
- We also reserve the right to make future edits and produce new digital or print versions of the resource.
- Once complete, we will give you the resource in a variety of PDF formats that will allow you to view it on a mobile phone all the way to professionally print it.
3) The resource must be affordable and accessible.
- Make available the content or resource digitally and free of charge.
- Printed products for sale should be affordable.
- The CMM or other ministries may print their own versions for free or low-cost distribution as well.
4) You must faithfully translate the material as written.
- Except for minor issues of vernacular, you may not alter the author’s meaning.
- If you believe certain lessons need to be contextualized and adapted, please let us know. We are open to talk to you about desired changes.
- You must credit the owners and the original author(s). You may not claim to have written the material yourself. Include the following statement in your translation: “Translated with the permission of the Center for Mission Mobilization and the author.”
5) Update the CMM on usage of this resource.
- We love to hear how our resources are being used! We will ask you periodically to complete a brief survey of how you are using these resources in your ministry.
- We would love your feedback on our resources, as well as ideas for new materials you feel would be important and effective.
- We will let you know of additional or updated resources.